How can a maintenance software help in Facility Management?
Maintenance management software is an innovative digital solution that allows us to simplify and automate processes associated with the preparation and execution of the maintenance plan, generating accurate data to optimize decision-making.
The best systems of this type offer different functionalities such as:
• Total registration of physical assets.
• Control of suppliers.
• Human resources management.
• Inventory management.
• Management of maintenance expenses, budgets, emergencies and guarantees.
• Monitoring of KPIs for facilities administrator.
• Alerts or inspection of notifications of maintenance tasks.
• Internet of Things monitoring hardware and artificial intelligence that facilitate predictive maintenance.
• Maintenance plan task manager for buildings, with sorting options and the ability to reschedule and create work orders on a single screen.
• View of pending tasks and those in process, under review and completed.
• NFC tag scanning.
• Automation of management of notifications, processes and work assignments.
• Integration with other business software.
It should be noted that maintenance software for buildings must have a 100% responsive design, that is, one that allows us to work remotely from anywhere with an Internet connection. In addition, it must be easy to implement and have high usability rates so that those in charge of facility management do not have major problems with the start-up of the program and subsequent use of the functionalities.
By using it, you save time, reduce error margins and improve services and results associated with maintenance tasks. But it is not the only thing, since you also optimize decision-making thanks to facility management reports and indicators.
Undoubtedly, one of the best systems to execute the maintenance plan for buildings and facilities is Fracttal, cutting-edge software specially designed for the management and maintenance of assets in any type of industry and market.
What is a maintenance plan for buildings?
Basically, it is an action plan that, within an asset management model, defines the maintenance programs for buildings and facilities (their services), clearly identifying the periodic preventive, predictive and detection activities to be carried out.
In addition, it defines specific or approximate execution dates, frequencies, control variables, budget and specific procedures for each task.
In a few words, the maintenance plan for buildings condenses a series of tasks that must be carried out with a certain frequency to sustain the benefits that a building (of any type) integrates in the proper conditions of operability, hygiene and ornamentation. Hence, it is key in the facilities administrator area.
For what reason? When we have a good maintenance program for buildings and facilities, made up of absolutely necessary tasks, and we execute it to the letter, we increase the reliability and safety of assets - such as air conditioning, for example -, we improve the performance of facilities keys, we reduce emergency repairs, we save costs, among other benefits.